Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The name of our game...

Getting caught up is the name of our game right now.
Finishing the basement has literally taken over our lives the past several months. It has been very rewarding doing a lot of the work ourselves, but it has taken a ton of time. It's fun to see the work we have done all come together. It's pretty much done now, we are just trying to catch up on everything else now...the yard, and organizing the garage, storage room, and craft room that have literally had stuff just thrown in them while finishing the basement. Hey, the stuff had to go somewhere right? :) So we are still in the thick of organizing, but I am sure that we will always be working on that.

Here's are some highlights of what we've been up to the past couple of months!

These are the moments as a Mom that just make you proud, when you walk in to a room and your kids are reading a book together!

*******************

Easter

Alice just loved helping to color the eggs!




Yes, this is the best shot I could get of the two of them!
Love Cole's face!


We had Easter dinner at Paul's parents, and while we were having a little family fireside, Cole just wanted to sit on Grandpa's lap!


***************

Paul turns 34!
Happy Birthday to the best Dad & Husband in the whole world!

*************

Tulip Festival!
Lunch beforehand. Cole just wanted to sit on his Grandpa's lap...again!





**************

Team Alena!
Several of my friends in the neighborhood secretly put a team together to support Alena who very bravely battled breast cancer, starting about 4 1/2 years ago...while pregnant mind you...and won! We walked together in the Race for the Cure. It was a wonderful to spend time with some of my favorite people. We had a little girls overnighter the night before and had an absolute blast full of amazing memories!
It was emotional for me to walk in the race this year, I have done it in years past, but this year it hit me even harder with my Mom being diagnosed with Breast Cancer in Dec., and day of the race happened to mark the 4 year anniversary of Ashley's diagnosis. When the race started, it all just hit me as I see over 16,000 people try and make there way through downtown! To see the support that others give is just awesome.


**************

Sunday afternoon walk!

Our little climber...I seriously just walked to garbage to the garage, walked back in...in only 20 seconds....he was in!

Dressing up with her cousin Addie!

Dressing up with her friends Chloee, Hadlee, and Brynlee!

Cole loves CHOCOLATE!
He's just like his Mom!

One of Alice's loves...cinnamon rolls!

Snuggling on the Love Sac! They are both loving playing in the basement!

************

Some of my Favorite Girls in the World!

I cannot express how much I LOVE these girls!
We have so much history together!
Karrie and Al came out for her first visit with the triplets. It was so fun seeing her and made for a great excuse for a girls overnighter. We stayed down at Gateway. We shopped, ate, laughed, cried, and slept a little! Some of these girls I have been friends with since I was a baby (literally!), and the others joined along the way.

Karrie & I with our kids...aren't they just so cute!

*************

Alice's Little Gym Performance!
Needless to say the she didn't want to do much performing! She wouldn't do the beam or floor routine...but she did great on the bars!

4 comments:

Atrena Holm said...

Wow you've been busy! I'm sorry to hear about your mom and will keep her in my prayers. I also can't believe Karrie had triplets! I think 2 is hard, I can't imagine another! Loved the update!

Kim said...

Em! So excited for an update, got excited hoping it was a guess boy or girl game. ;) So sorry about your mom! She's a fighter! Hopefully the prognosis is good. Tell her we love her and will keep her in our prayers!!!

Karrie said...

Where to start?? Awesome update, loved all of it and left me wanting more!! Can't wait to see more pics of the basement, it looks great. I'm so impressed.
Also it was more than great to see you and spend time with you. It's never enough of course. You are still the sweetest thing ever and it makes me miss you terribly. Love you so much!!

Alena said...

Thanks for putting together the race my little secret sister! I will never forget it! I loved all the pics. You have a wonderful family and husband!