3 weeks ago today we had the privilege of meeting Morgan Palmer. A sweet little princess battling DIPG (the same brain tumor as Ash). She passed away Tuesday Jan. 20th, exactly 10 months after Ashley. We attended this little angels funeral today. It was beautiful. As we saw her before the viewing she had on the bracelet I took to her last week. How sweet! I will never forget her face, she looked so beautiful and peaceful and literally had a smile on her face. Alice absolutely adores her big sister Alexis who is 10. She reached her arms out right to her and didn't want to come back to me. She also did this last night when Paul took her to the viewing while I was at home resting and recovering from going under the knife.... again! But this time for a different reason. I had a breast lump removed. I really am not worried and feel very calm about it. I'll get the results next week. Anyway I just think it is really cute how much Alice loves Alexis. Two girls who have little angel sisters to watching over them. Morgan's aunt took some pictures of Alexis & Alice today that I will post when I get a copy.
Click on this picture & notice Alice & Morgan both have pizza sauce on there cheeks! So cute!
5 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about both Morgan and you. I can only imagine the comfort knowing they are no longer sick, but yet the pain of losing them. You and Paul are amazing, that word is sooo overused and doesn't quite work right because you are more than that.
I hope everything is ok with you. During your struggles of others, I still find myself thinking of myself and how bad it makes ME feel. How selfish.
You have a guardian angel, actually angels watching over you as well as many many people here praying for you. Thanks for constantly inspiring me in the midst of your trials. I think I would have given up and wallowed away in my self pity.
'during your stuggles and others' I meant to say!
Sorry to hear about Morgan and then your surgery! I had no idea. Hope you are recovering quickly. I am just HOME. So I will call you if I can watch Alice tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday anytime. We need to send Ashley a message that she will just have to wait a long time before she can have you again. She will just have to wait. No more tumors and only excellent health.
I hope you are feeling good, Em. I'm sorry to hear about your surgery. I'm glad you feel good about things...that is probably a great indicator of things.
Again, I am sure you and Paul are such a strength to these families who are now going through all you did. What a great blessing you are to them...and me. Hang in there! Love ya!
What a sweetheart! I am sorry to hear about your surgery. I am glad you feel good about it & I am sure that is a good sign! Keep me posted of the results. I will be thinking of you! You are constantly an example to me...Thank you!
Post a Comment